Sunday, March 13, 2011

Our Dinner today 03/13/2011

Well today I prepared our St. Patrick's Day feast!  I made Corned Beef and Cabbage and mashed potatoes and hot rolls and cheesecake.  I was not able to find the salt peter to make the Corned beef from "scratch" so we purchased 2 already prepared corned beef. 

Last night before going to bed I made the dough for the dinner rolls and put it in the refrigerator!  So this morning when I got up, I peeled the potatoes and placed them in a pan of water. So when I would get home from church I could start them to boiling! I put both the corned beef briskets and the cabbage and a little onion, in the slow cooker.   

I also made out the dinner rolls and put them to rise!  Ready to be placed in the oven to bake when we returned from church. 

Then I made the cheesecake.  I will post the recipe at the end of this post. 

When I returned from church, I turned the burner on under the potatoes and got them to cooking!  and I placed the rolls in the preheated oven.  I then took the briskets out of the slow cooker and let them sit for a bit.  When the rolls were done (arghhhhh  they got a little too done...why is it when I really want something to turn out nice to show if off something goes wrong! and when it is just for dh and I it is perfect!) I took them out and spread butter on top and separated them to cool and served in a bread cloth lined basket.  I then sliced the briskets and placed the cabbage in a serving dish!  The potatoes were done and ready to be mashed with lots of sour cream and lots and lots of butter.  Then we were ready to enjoy. 

My 6 year old granddaughter ate 3 large slices, stating that she loved that meat.."grandma you make good meat!"  Awww music to my ears.  Levi ate about 1/2 of the brisket himself. 

After dinner was dessert...and it was so very delicious!!!! 

Rolls...a little too brown

Mashed Potatoes

Cabbage and Onions

Corned Beef Brisket

Cheesecake

Okay...now for the recipe for the cheese cake.  It is absolutely delish!!!!!  Levi ate 3 big pieces.  

Creamy Cheesecake

Graham cracker crust  (of course I made my own..even crushed the crackers myself)
16 oz cream cheese
1 pound powdered sugar
1 T vanilla
2 cups heavy cream

Combine the cream cheese and the powdered sugar and beat until thoroughly combined.  In a separate bowl, beat the cream with a hand mixer until it turns into whipped cream. 

Add the vanilla and the whipped cream to the cheese and beat gently until just combined.  You don't want to deflate the cream. 

Spread mixture into a graham cracker crust. 

Freeze for an hour, before slicing and topping with fresh fruit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment