Saturday, March 12, 2011

Grocery List/Pantry list

I wanted to show you how to do your grocery list!    This works so well for me.  Now I'm putting on here that I purchase the beef...only because that way I'll know how much to get out of my freezer..I don't actually purchase it at the store.  The other meat/poultry and seafood I do. 

Grocery List
Meat, Poultry and Seafood
7 1/2 lbs of ground beef
6 boneless pork chops
1 whole chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 lb bacon
1 lb crab meat

Canned Goods
3 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
16 oz chicken broth
1 small can of water chestnuts, sliced
1 jar mushrooms, sliced
2 15 oz cans navy beans
1 15 oz can pinto beans
1 15 oz can butter beans
4 cups sour cherries (since fresh is out of season)
sweetened condensed milk

Grain, Pasta and Rice
16 oz bread crumbs
48 oz panko breadcrumbs
16 oz pkg of noodles
16 oz pkg macaroni
1 pkg Hamburger buns
1 lb rice


Dairy
1/2 gallon milk
grated cheese (I never measure my cheese....I buy a huge block and shred it and just add)
16 oz sour cream
1 lb butter
16 oz cream cheese
1 pint heavy cream
Pie crust

Produce
3 large onions
1 pkg carrot
5 lbs potatoes
1 bunch broccoli
1 bunch celery
parsley
bunch green onions
6 baking potatoes
key limes (enough for 1/2 cup juice and 1 1/2 tsp grated zest...usually 1 or 2)

Frozen Foods
1 32 oz bag of corn
1 bag frozen peaches (since fresh is not available)

Misc.
1 small bag of potato chips
8 oz apricot preserves
Old Bay seasoning
Coarse Kosher salt
8 oz Velveeta cheese
1 lb choc chips
butterscotch chips
graham crackers
8-10 oz almonds
10 chocolate bar
2 lbs peanut butter
oatmeal
1 lb M&Ms

Always check your "pantry" for needed items for the cooking day.  this is the way I do it. 

Pantry List
Bay Leaf (1)
Brown sugar (1 1/2 cups)
canola oil
chives (1 T)
Cider Vinegar (2 T)
Cloves (1/4 t)
Dijon Mustard (2 t)
Dry Mustard (1 T)
flour
Garlic, Minced (2 cloves)
Garlic Powder (1 1/2 t)
Ginger (1/2 t)
Honey (1/2 c)
Karo Syrup (1 1/2 tsp)
Ketchup (1 cup)
Mayonnaise (1/2 cup)
parsley Flakes (1 T)
Pepper
Red wine vinegar (1 T)
Rosemary (1 t)
Thyme (1 t)
Salt
Soy Sauce (4 T)
Vegetable oil (1 T)
White vine, dry (1/4 cup)
Worcestershire Sauce (3 T)
Yeast (2 t)

Okay...My pantry list is complete.  I've got enough to cover what I need for this months cooking.  so..my grocery list is made for the cooking, I'll add to it what we need of "other" things, so I'm good to go. 

Hope this helps you get ready!!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Great list. Never thought about mushrooms in jars! Usually just buy them fresh and keep them in the fridge. But will certainly look into these! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete