Friday, March 25, 2011

March 25, 2011

Well, tomorrow is supposed to be our cooking day.  But due to the fact that we butchered last weekend and our freezers are full, we have postponed it.  I will be making some breakfast casseroles to serve at our Family Day Brunch at church on Sunday.  Actually I have a couple in my freezer already, so I will be making some to replace them.  The ones I'll make tomorrow won't be as large though.  I think too, I'll make the crab cakes.  It is a new recipe and I want to try them to see how we like them. 

I've had 3 requests this week to teach seminars and/or do freezer cooking for others as a business.  I've been thinking of this, but these requests really got the wheels turning, so I'm going to pursue it!  I know a man that is a consultant for starting up new businesses and I'm going to chat with him about it and get his opinion and see what all I'd need to do.    Ohh did I mention that he is my brother!  LOL. 

What did ya all think of the butchering pictures that I posted on here?  I tried not to get too gruesome with them.  Some people just can't handle that kind of stuff.  I'm so thankful that we do that and that we are capable and have the equipment and man power.  I really wish we lived on a farm to have farm fresh eggs and butcher chickens and pigs and cows.    I've always wanted to be as self sufficient as possible and live off what we can raise.  We could get butter from the milk from the cows...and buttermilk.  I could so easily be Amish...or an old pioneer from the old days....if I didn't have to give up my computer and TV.  I'd love to walk around in Victorian garb.....but people would realize how much of a weirdo I am!  hehe

Well I'm going to go make up some bread and some breadcrumbs.  Then start in on the meatballs and crab cakes tomorrow.  YUMMMM  I'll let you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment