Thursday, July 14, 2011

July 14, 2011 Muffins

Well those of you that have followed me for a bit, know that once a month I bake muffins for our social time at church.  This weekend is that time.  I used this quiet time this evening to get my "muffin menu" decided on.  I think I've got a good variety chosen.  Here they are:  Apple Cinnamon Muffins; Sour Cream Chocolate Muffins; Homemade Amish Pumpkin Muffins; PB & J Muffins.  The PB & J ones has my mouth watering!  Been a long time since I made them.  I forgot all about them. 

I will post recipes along with pictures of the muffins.  I'm hoping to start them tomorrow evening, that way I won't have so many to do on Saturday and I get my much neglected laundry done too.  I'm hoping to get our bedding laundered and hung on the clothesline.  I just love the smell and feel of linens after being hung on the clothesline all day.  The smell is wonderful.  So clean and crisp. 

From the looks of things, my garden will produce fairly well this year....as long as the white hard stuff doesn't come down.  I have a couple of tomatoes on my plant and there is a jalapeno ready to be picked.  Lots of blossoms on the cucumbers and zucchini and peppers.  The okra plant is coming along...one died (may it RIP)  Oops..need to go check the water on the beans.  Well the water was fine, but I didn't get my entire garden watered, so hopefully it won't fry tomorrow before it gets a drink tomorrow night!  I was planning on going to an auction on Saturday to try to buy some crocks for my "pickling".  My dear sweet husband says no...dangerous for us to go to sales...spend too much money, but I'm in bad need of some good crocks! 

Tomorrow night I need to "feed" my bread starter too.  This will be my first batch out of this starter...first time in a very long time that I've made bread from a starter...so I will let you know how it goes.  Now...what to do with bread if it is a failure!  Maybe breadcrumbs!      If it works....it is a very easy starter and I will share the recipe if anyone would be interested.

Until later my dear friends.  Be blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment