Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday June 26, 2011

Happy Sunday to all.  This week has been so crazy here.  We had convention at our church this week and being on the Praise Team, I had to practice with them 2 nights and participate 2 nights, we had a concert with Russ Taff on Wednesday.  We also helped at the coffee bar 2 nights.  This was family Sunday at church, which means I made breakfast casseroles.  3 casseroles and a breakfast pizza!  I so love doing this cooking! 

Also, our son, Levi, and his fiance, Brooke, are soon to have their baby!  She was admitted to the hospital tonight and they are preparing to induce her.  So maybe this time tomorrow, I'll have a new grandbaby to spoil and love and hold and snuggle. 

Amber and Levi and Brooke were here for lunch today.  Nothing spectacular, grilled burgers, cheese potatoes, green beans, baked beans.  Ice cream for dessert with homemade butterscotch topping! 

This week I dried more Dill.  Keep this up I'll be able to supply the entire town of Goodland with dill seed and dill weed! 

Our neighbor has a mulberry tree right on our property line.  I don't like the little berries, as they stain everything and attracts birds that leave their messy droppings, which of course is right by my clothesline.  I've debated in making mulberry jam...but with everything going on, I have found it difficult to find the time.  so...not sure I'll get it done.  We planted some more of the garden.  We put out a couple plants of cantelope and a couple of watermelon.  Added two more plants of Okra. 

As some of you may already know, I have been trying to find a place to get milk and cream so I can have buttermilk, and make ice cream and have fresh milk.    Well I still have not found a source.   I am so interested, that I am almost desperate!  I made our butter back when our children were growing up and we loved it!  Best butter is the homemade kind.  The buttermilk is great for baking and I love the pancakes and waffles that uses the fresh buttermilk.  So light and tender on the inside, but crispy on the outside. 

Yesterday, Saturday, we went to an auction.  We stood out in the sun for over 4 hours.  I applied sunscreen to arms, neck, ears and face.   My legs never, ever, get any sunburn!    Well, they say.."never say Never".  it is true.  The back of my legs are as red as an apple and very sore.  So my clothing selections this week for work are going to be very limited....the material rubbing against the burn is very painful!  Oh my gosh.....boy does it hurt!  Guess maybe because my legs are so tender! 

I will try to post some of the recipes for the breakfast casseroles this week!  They are very yummy!  so easy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment