Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June 7, 2011

Our BBQ on Saturday was a huge success!  Roy had such a good time and enjoyed seeing everyone!  THAT was our goal...for him to enjoy himself  The night was for and about him.  We had so much meat to eat!  We smoked a brisket, pork loin, baby back ribs, beef short ribs.   Then I also made baked beans (using dry beans, so took all night Friday and all day Saturday) and our jalapeno poppers...4 dozen!!!.  We also served brats!  I made a "brat hot tub" and boy were the brats good!  so so good! 

Boy was I exhausted at the end of the night!  everything was brought into the house.  The perishables were put away and then I went to bed and crashed! 

Sunday after church, Amber and the girls came over and ate leftovers.  Roy and I were still trying to recover from the party! so we just lounged around.  Roy left for work before 4 pm...amber and the girls left to do some of their stuff.  I decided to try to start the dishes.  Times like that is when I wish I had a dishwasher!  I just ran the water and started washing.  I washed, rinsed, dried and put away!  With the dishes done and the kitchen cleaned up I was exhausted. 

Today, Tuesday, June 7th, is Roy's actual birthday.  We had the kids come over for "Fries"  I made "Elvis" fries; cheese fries, Nacho fries; and "Charley's" Fries. 

Elvis fries - Fries with white gravy
Cheese fries - Fries with different cheeses
Nacho fries - fries with nacho fixings
Charley's Fries -Fries with cheese, ranch dressing, bacon bits, sour cream. 

We laughed and talked.  Now everyone is gone, house is quiet.  I'm getting sleepy.  I want to get up in the morning early enough to hang our white clothes on the clothesline! before going to work. 

Okay...for the brat hot tub

in a grill safe pan (i used an aluminum foil disposable heave duty pan) melt 3 tablespoons of butter...when the butter is melted, add an entire onion that is sliced into thin slices.   Add 2 to 3 cans of beer and let it simmer on the grill. 

Cook brats on grill...when they are at desired doneness, place in pan with butter and onions and beer.  Let them simmer slowly.  Yummmmm

This weekend will be my weekend to bake muffins for church, so now I need to be making my list of what kind to make.  I usually try to make 3 or 4 different kind....so far the most popular is banana/chocolate chip!  I'll post my list and recipes AND I'll try to get pictures too!  sorry, not very good at taking pictures.  I'll try to get better. 

later

No comments:

Post a Comment