Wednesday, June 1, 2011

busy times

Well I've been busy...so that is why no posts since Saturday.  Sunday we were at the farm for the annual WWF (Wassemiller Weiner Fest).  Monday we stayed home and worked in the yard and around the house.  During my baking/cooking marathon on Saturday, my cake overflowed into my oven.  So i ran my self cleaning oven on Monday.  Sure did make it extra hot in the house.  After it cooled down some, I wiped up the debris and got the racks and tray put back in.

Last night I pulled weeds in our garden.  I got sidetracked by pulling up some dill plants.  They were starting to take over the strawberry patch, so I decided to pull them up.  I then decided to dry them so I can use them later on.  I haven't done that for years!  I have four full trays of dill drying in my dehydrator!  Our house smells like dill pickles!  hehehe!  I also cleaned the top of my stove.  Cleaned all the burner trays and decided we need to replace the large burners.  So now have to work that into the budget.  But...my stove shines!  Just in time for a huge batch of cooking for the birthday party we are throwing for Roy this Saturday. 

Tonight, it is on my agenda to clean my 2 refrigerators!  To make room for the food for this weekend.  Here is the menu for the birthday party (the food I will be preparing for the love of my life)

Smoked brisket
Smoked short ribs
Smoked baby back ribs
Jalapeno poppers
Baked Beans
soda/tea/lemonade
Applesauce Cake w/cream cheese frosting

there are some that are bringing in food too so we won't lack for anything to eat for sure.  I know there will be potato salad, chips, dip and veggies. 

I'm so looking forward to this!  I'm very excited.   Almost like it is my birthday!  I'm gonna be mushy...but I love him so much, I want to show the world and him how very lucky I am and how very blessed I am!   I am so very very blessed.  I'm so thankful! 

So...I'm off now to clean my 2 refrigerators.  I'll let you know how I do!  the goal is to have them both cleaned and the floors mopped!  Hmmmm  6 pm now.   wonder if I can get it done! 

until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment