Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dehydrating Dill

My house now has the aroma of dill!  I have dehydrated 5 quarts of dill and now I have just as much going in the dehydrator now!  I love dill but as a room freshener...not so much! 

This last weekend we planted our garden.  1 tomato plant..I'm the only one in the house that will eat tomatoes and they have to be peeled as I can't get it to go down.  We planted 4 plants of jalapenos, 4 plants of green peppers, 5 hills of cucumbers and 5 rows of green beans.  planted 4 plants of cantaloupe and 2 okra and a hill of zucchini.    O yes...some cabbage too.  

We have a good crop of strawberries this year.  Best crop we've had in years if not ever!  Good batch of rhubarb too.  Transplanted from a friend 2 raspberry plants.  so...might have a descent garden this year!  so..come canning season, I might be a tad busy!  Kids want my sweet pickles...I make 14 days sweet pickles.  Lots of work, but they are soooo good.    Gonna do Dill pickles too.   I will pickle most of the okra.  the jalapenos will be chopped and frozen for use in soups, chili's, and meatloaf.  The green beans will be canned.  the tomatoes will be ate fresh and if I have enough I will make salsa.  MMmm yummm 

I'd like to have enough strawberries and raspberries and rhubarb to make jams, jellies and preserves.   

One of these years I'm gonna try my hand at herb gardening.  really would like to do that. 

Well, gonna get off and get some rest for work tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment