Monday, February 7, 2011

February 7, 2011

Well I'm starting to feel like I'm recovering!  I must be getting old.  It is a good feeling knowing that we and my children and families have food prepared and in the freezer. 

I wanted, and still want, to prepare other things for all of us.  So last night I made Lemon Bread and tonight I made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf (12 loaves).   Tomorrow night I will make Italian Bread and probably again on Wednesday night too.  I will probably make muffins too.  I found my recipe for macaroni and cheese for the freezer, so I may try that and give it to all of the kids.  Waffles are on the project list too. 

Mmm  think I might be over doing it?  You haven't seen my son eat!  My husband and my son love food!  Well, so do I so there you have it! 

Here are my recipes for today. 

PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP LOAF
1 2/3  cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 T pumpkin pie spice (I make my own mix)
1 t baking soda
1/4 t baking powder
dash salt
2 eggs
1 cup plain pumpkin
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup chocolate chips  (tonight I used M & M's)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl.  Set aside.  In small bowl, bland eggs, then add pumpkin and butter.  Whisk together.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and fold together.  Pour into greased baking pans and fill 2/3 full. 

Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes for bundt cake, 40 -45 minutes for loaves, and 20 - 25 minutes for muffins.  Cool completely.  Freeze using insturctions for baked good. 

SERVING DAY

Remove cake, loaf, or muffins from freezer bag and allow to thaw at room temperature until served. 

**NOTE**  I quadrupled this recipe!!!  made enough for all of us to freeze some. 

LEMON BREAD

1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 T lemon juice
1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 t baking powder
2 t grated lemon peel
1/2 t salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Beat together egg, milk, oil, and lemon juice.  Stir in flour; sugar; baking powder; lemon peel, and salt.  Beat well.  Pour into greased 9x5 loaf or bread pan.  Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool in pan 10 minutes.  Remove from pan onto wire rack.  Freeze, using instructions for baked goods. 

SERVING DAY

Remove loaf from freezer bag and allow to thaw at room temperature until served. 

***NOTE***  I tripled this particular recipe. 


PUMPKIN PIE SPICE

1/2 t ground cinnamon
1/4 t ground ginger
1/8 t ground nutmeg
1/8 t ground allspice

Pictures of all this will follow soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment