Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dinner 02-15-2011

Tuesday when I was home for lunch, I sat out the Cashew Chicken for our evening meal.  I sat the oven to come on at 4:45 so it would preheat and at 5 I could put the supper in the oven.  So 5:00 found me in the kitchen putting the cashew chicken in the oven.  It bakes for around 45 minutes to 55 minutes.  So at around 5:45 I started cooking the rice.  at 5:55 I was placing the cooked food on the table and we were ready to eat! 

I had made a Shoo-Fly Pie on Sunday, so Roy had that for dessert! 

So with very little preparation, we had a healthy, homemade dinner!   The only thing missing was the egg rolls.  I haven't acquired the knack of making them.  So we went without them.  Besides...we are both watching our weight!  Ha!

I'm the only home in the evenings the rest of the week, so I'm going to make roast beef hash for me.  I had some left over roast that I ground up with some potatoes and gravy.  My mother used to make that when I was growing up and I loved it!  I've been hungry for it so decided that I'd use up the leftover roast.  YUM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment