Monday, August 1, 2011

August 1, 2011

Well I hope this week is a bit more calm than last week was.  For those of you that don't know, my husband had a terrible bout with kidney stones.  He had surgery to have them blasted on Monday...By Wednesday he was in so much pain, he couldn't eat or sleep.  Thursday morning he couldn't stand it any more.  The Dr. here in town admitted him to the hospital for pain management, re-hydration and to get his bowels in order.  Friday morning they transferred him to Hays, 2 1/2 hours away.  Saturday morning they did surgery to remove two stones, both the size of a pencil eraser and place a stint.  He feels so much better!  He is back to his old self again, and I like the old self!  Thanks to all of you for your prayers and thoughts and calls. 

Sunday we had the kids over for dinner, as usual.  I did something easy....Roast in the slow cooker, homemade buttermilk biscuits, and green beans.  After lunch I was going through our refrigerator, taking inventory.  I discovered I had a quart of heavy whipping cream that we had since the 4th of July.  I knew we couldn't possibly use that much cream before it went bad, if it wasn't already.  So I decided to make butter out of it.  I can always use butter!  It was good so out came the mixer and the beating began.  When I was done making the butter, I had a pound of butter and 1 1/2 pint of buttermilk.  So, I'm stocked up for a bit. 

This weekend is our family reunion in Monument, Kansas.  So I will be doing some serious cooking on Saturday.  I'll let you know what I cook and try to post the recipes and pictures too.  This week is our fair here.  I'm working the booth for our department 4 out of 5 nights....and making ribbons tonight.  Friday night is the tractor pull...we used to go to tractor pulls all over the area when we were dating, and we still like going to them.  We have missed very few over the years.  So...this will be a busy week, but hopefully not as stressful as last week. 

Is anyone out there willing to have cooking classes or Once A Month Cooking seminars?  I'm interesting in doing those. 

All for now.  Until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment