Saturday, August 6, 2011

August 6, 2011

Another busy week at our house.  This was fair week.  The Police Department (my employer) had a booth there and I worked it or did some things for it, every night!  I took in the foods of course.  All the canning, baking, and of course the fair foods! 

My poor garden sure has suffered this week.  I think my tomato plant has got the wilt!  Probably won't have any tomatoes this year.  I'm not happy about that!  Not at all. 

Today I picked green beans and cucumbers and jalapeno peppers and okra.  Only got enough green beans to have for lunch today.  All the cucumbers I picked, I used the larger ones to eat now and the smaller ones for pickling.  I made dill pickles.  Not many...only got a couple of quarts.  I pickled the jalapenos and the okra...so had a canner full.  I had purchased some chives from the farmer's market today so I diced them up and got a half pint jar full of chives. 

Tomorrow is our family reunion.  I need to fix something to take for the potluck.  haven't decided what to take.  Here is it 3 o'clock in the afternoon and I still don't know what to fix.  I need to be deciding.  So I'm off of here to figure it out and I'll let you know. 

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment