Saturday, August 27, 2011

August 27,2011

Sorry, I know it has been awhile since I posted.  Things have been crazy here.  Between dealing with my husband being ill and having 2 subsequent surgeries and the beginning of canning season and working a full time job AND the local fair going AND the start of school AND our church activities. 

We have our brunch at Church tomorrow as it is family Sunday.  I made breakfast burritos AND a breakfast casserole AND a breakfast pizza.  Tomorrow also the kids will be here for dinner along with my mother.  So, I put a ham in the oven. 

I picked green beans...2 buckets full!  Roy wants green bean soup!  Have to admit it does definitely sound good!  So...tomorrow.....green bean soup will be on the stove cooking.  YUMMY stuff.  That is a soup I learned to make from my mother-in-law.  Green bean soup, homemade biscuits, homemade preserves, and homemade from scratch butterscotch pudding for dessert!  Best comfort food in the world!  So tomorrow I will share the "directions" with you.  Has some good stuff in it.  hehehe  Lots of butter, cream, broth.    See why I had a weight problem for all those years?!?!

Today I made my breakfast brunch foods.  Breakfast burritos which will be smothered with sausage gravy; and also a breakfast casserole.  Then I canned 5 qts of meat.  Then I canned 5 qts of green beans.  I made the sweet pickle brine for my sweet pickles that are "soaking".  The I picked more beans and snapped them preparing them for the green bean soup.  The thing that took the longest was the browning of the sausage for the breakfast foods.   6 pounds of sausage takes a long time!   

Well it is late, so I will close for this time.  I'm planning on posting the recipes and directions tomorrow.   AND I'll try to post pictures too. 

Until then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment