Thursday, April 14, 2011

Donuts/muffins recipes and some pictures

I have been so busy this week.  Enjoying the quiet tonight.  Usually have the granddaughters on Thursday but due to the nasty weather, their Mom doesn't have Bible Study, so we are both getting caught up on some things here at our house.  Roy is finishing up the taxes and paying some bills.  I'm catching up on laundry and catching up on my blog! 

Last Saturday I spent the day making donuts and muffins.  I promised you the recipes and some pictures.  So here they are. 

Fluffy Raised Doughnuts

Scald 2 cups of milk and cool to lukewarm. 

Add

1 pkg yeast
2 eggs, well beaten
1/2 cup lard
2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
7 cups flour

Knead until smooth.  Let rise until doubled, then roll out and cut with doughnut cutter.  Let rise again and fry in hot fat. 

Yes...I use lard!    Shortening will work too.  I just like the flavor/taste/texture that the lard gives it.  Make sure that the milk is cooled to lukewarm before adding the yeast mixture as it will kill the yeast if it is too hot.  Add flour last, I do 1/4 cup at a time and mix well each time. 

Cake Doughnuts

1/2 cup butter
3 eggs, beaten
pinch of salt
6 t baking powder
2 cups sugar
2 cups milk
1/2 t nutmet
1 cup flour

use enough flour to make soft dough.  Cream together butter and sugar.  Add rest of ingredients.  Roll and cut and fry in deep fat and sugar while hot. 






No comments:

Post a Comment