Thursday, April 7, 2011

April 7, 2011

This is my weekend to make donuts/mini-muffins for church.  I'm hoping that my donut cutter will arrive tomorrow, so I can make donut holes.  My wrist has been bothering me this week, sitting here typing, it really hurts, so not sure how much I'm going to get done.   It is horrible to get old.  Who said they are the golden years???  Where is the gold/???   

I'm also going to make bread this weekend.  Roy is low on bread and I need to make bread crumbs.   If I have time, I'm going to make some hamburger buns too.  I need to post the recipe for them.  I always made them when the kids were growing up and that is all we used for years.  I think I'll try it again.  Hope the wrist holds out! 

Plus I want to make beef broth and can it.  I like to have broth on hand to use in cooking and I sometimes saute/stirfry in broth rather than oil.  

Now Sunday for lunch with the family...not sure what I'll prepare yet.  Thinking of a roast and mashed potatoes and gravy, along with dinner rolls.  But not sure....might be something a little lighter. 

So I do have a busy weekend ahead. I'll keep you posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment