Sunday, September 25, 2011

September 24, 2011

In our little hamlet of Goodland, we have our Flatlander's Fall Festival this weekend.  Lots of antigue restored cars and lots of wonderful motorcycles.  Tons of food booths used for fund raisers for local functions.  All my kids and I spent the day there yesterday.   Lots and lots of walking!  Wonderful beautiful weather and an enjoyable day.

This also was our family Sunday at church, which means breakfast casseroles for me to make.  I had a couple of requests for my breakfast enchiladas!  So easy and so good.  I also made a crockpot casserole.  Put it all in the crockpot and let it cook overnight.  Easy, easy!  Then I made a casserole that I baked last night and warmed it up today.  Out of all of that, I had 2 small containers of leftovers that I sent home with my daughter and my son...1 each. 

For our normal sunday lunch...I made our family favorite "Funeral" Casserole.  It is a casserole that the Methodist Church in Oakley serves for funeral dinners.  It is easy and YUMMY.  I mixed it up last night and kept it in the fridge overnight. 

This morning when I got up, I made the sausage gravy for the breakfast enchiladas and poured on them.  Then I set the oven to come on at 10:15 to bake the dinner casserole, and put it in there.  I made the Texas Roadhouse Rolls and they were rising while I made the gravy, set the oven and got ready for church.  Then I made the dough into the rolls and put them on baking sheets, covered them and loaded up the casseroles for transportation to church.  After church when I arrived at home, the casserole was ready to come out of the oven, the rolls were ready to go into the oven for 15-20 minutes.  So while the rolls baked and the casserole cooled, I and my granddaughters sat the dinner table and I cooked some corn.  We added some cantelope and bread and butter pickles to the menu and dinner was ready to eat! 

Now I'm "chillaxin"...actually doing laundry!!   The garden is pretty well done, so now my house should probably get clean and organized.  Then we will also start our Once a Month Cooking for the winter.  Anyone wanting to join in, let me know....we are trying to get a larger facility than my kitchen.  So....let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment