Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 1, 2011

I cannot believe that it is September 1st already.  Where has this summer gone?  Where has this year gone for that matter?  Goodness

The canning process is in full swing!  Between pickles, beans, jalapenos, okra, and zucchini...I'm beat!  but the feeling of having a full pantry for this winter is well worth it. 

I finally got my batch of sweet pickles canned.  7 qts of it!  Got another batch soaking.  Worked on the cinnamon pickles.  got them in the sweet brine now.  They will get canned tomorrow night.  Plus I will have okra and jalapenos and beans to can.  We are going to be gone on Saturday, so want to get done what I can tomorrow night.  AND I will have all day Monday to do some canning and baking! 

Tonight I also froze some cooked sausage.  I had about 4 lbs of cooked sausage left over from my breakfast cooking from this past weekend.  So decided to freeze it so I have it for my next cooking.  Now I need to grind up some ham and make ham salad spread.  Oh that is one of my favorites and it is something I can get down. 

until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment