Friday, January 28, 2011

January 28th

This week, along with my blogging and working on recipes, I copied the recipes for our cooking day to give to each of us that is taking part.  I find that it is easier if each of us can review the recipes and can visually see what we are creating.  So I made 5 copies of each of the recipes. 

I will, at some point, post some sides and desserts, not necessarily for OAMC.  If I know other sides and desserts to go along with our main dishes, then that is easier too. 

Tonight I'm going to post a recipe for a side of potatoes and for a quick dessert!  Tried and tested and very good!  I have used them both for years.  So..on with it. 

CRAZY CRUST CHERRY PIE

1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup water
1 egg
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup oil

Combine ingredients.  Mix at low speed.  Spoon dough into large glass pie plate.  (spread out)  Place 1 can cherry pie filling in center.  Bake at 425 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.  While baking the crust will raise and bake around the pan.  Cherries will show in the middle.

PARMESAN POTATOES

6 medium potatoes
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
4 Tablespoons butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Peel potatoes and cut each into 8 wedges.  Put parmesan, flour, salt & pepper into bag, and shake.  Put margarine in a 9 x 13 pan.  Place in oven until margarine melts, remove and add coated potatoes.  Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes, turn potatoes over and bake 30 minutes more. 

So, next Friday we will do our shopping for the cooking day on Saturday.  After the shopping we will do the prep work.  I will do my best to post pictures of the progress and the cooking day. 

Please let me know what you think of this!  I'm dying to know if it is all worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment