Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Years Resolution

Hello!  How were your holidays?  Mine was extraordinary!  I had the best Holiday Season in a very long time!  I was pretty busy, hence the lack of posting on here.  I did do quite a bit of cooking and baking!  but was too busy to post or take pictures  :-(  I resolve to do much better this year! 

This past weekend I took our Christmas decorations down and put them away!  I'm always so sad to do that, but I just don't have the room in my home to store my "everyday"items while I've got my seasonal stuff out.  Might be a good thing as I'd probably leave my Christmas decorations up year round! 

Our church gave out food blessing baskets to some that are needing some help.  I made up 9 pints of spaghetti sauce mix and 9 pints of Hot chocolate mix.    Christmas eve we went to my husband's sister's house for our potluck.  She prepares 2 types of soups and everyone else brings the goodies.  I made Hot sausage WonTon cups!  Then for Christmas Day since my husband worked the day shift, we had our Christmas, Christmas night!  So we had beef stew AND potato soup!  I also made our family fudge.  All the kids and the grandkids were here!  That was sooooooooooo much fun!  Our daughter that lives 30 minutes away, decided to spend the night, her and the grandson!!!  This grandma was in heaven.    She stayed with is through Tuesday evening! 

on the 30th, I began taking the decorations down, so I cleaned too.  I have a cabinet that was my mother in laws that I absolutely treasure!  I was at a loss as to how to "decorate" the top.  on the left side I have antigue jars that I have flour, sugar, popcorn, etc in. 



Blank spot on the right.  So  this is what I came up with. 

So...what do you think? 

I had my husband install 2 bulletin boards in our bedroom right above my jewelry armoir....I have too many necklaces and bracelets for my armoir, so placing them on the bulletin board I will see what I have, at a glance!


Well I'm going to close this out!  I resolve to post once a week on here.  I'd really like to post daily, but I'll shoot for once a week for now and of I can do it daily, that'll be a bonus!  I'm also resolving to be better about taking photos of my "projects" 

So here is to a better 2012!!!!

Until next time  

No comments:

Post a Comment